Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Finally a Bit of an Answer

Doctor called today and confirmed that it is lung cancer. All he said was that treatment would be chemo and radiation and that the Cancer Clinic would be in touch with my mom. She seemed pretty good when I talked to her, I think she was focusing on how much she dislikes her doctor to let it sink in that she does have cancer.

So she has no idea on what stage she is or anything, just that it is cancer. I guess we will just have to wait and meet with the cancer doctor to find out exactly what is going on. I am still being optimistic in the fact that the PET scan did not show it spreading and that it was not in her lymphnodes. But again, we will have to wait and see what the doctor says.

1 comment:

  1. Alynne, I am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis. I will be thinking of your mom and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete