Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trip to Lloyd

This trip brought new challenges. First of all, it was the first time I travelled with Karter by myself. He did amazing, he even slept the whole way home!!

Second, we were staying in a hotel. I was concerned about this as we have worked so hard for Karter to put himself to sleep and was not sure how that would go in a foreign room and with me in it. Well, Karter HATED the crib. I did not blame him, it looked like he was in a jail cell. The first night did not go so well, but by the second night he only cried for 15 minutes!! The next issue surrounding this, what was I going to do once Karter was asleep. Well, I brought my headphones and worked on my professional hours on the computer.

Third, Mark was working nights so that meant we needed to make sure he had a decent sleep during the day. Mark did not mind us being in the hotel room when he was sleeping, but we all know how loud babies can be. So I made it a point to venture out for four or five hours a day. The hotel had a pool, which Karter loved! We also hit up the mall and Walmart. Everywhere we went Karter made new friends. I had people offering to babysit him, one lady wanted to be his grandma, and another wanted to take him home. My boy is becoming such a social butterfly. The one day I fed him in the mall and he smiled at every person who walked by. It was so cute!!

The highlight of the trip was a visit to Mark's rig. It was so nice to get the visual of how things work. I definitely have a new appreciation for my boyfriend and his job. Not going to lie, the rig is a bit intimidating. Very loud and dangerous!!

So, all in all it was a great trip. I am so proud of Karter, he was a true joy to be around and adapted very well.

The only downfall to the trip was arriving home without Mark. I can't express how much I truly miss and love him. I can't wait for him to come home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment