Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!!

I remember when New Years used to be such an important event in my social calendar. Where to go? What to wear? Who will be there?

This New Years, I am sitting at home alone, Karter is sound asleep, and I am watching the World Junior hockey game. And you know what, I could not be more content. I am warm, snuggling on the couch with my Ryder, and will wake up with no hangover. Love it... Obviously it would be better if Mark was here.

Today I have been reflecting on what a wonderful year it has been. The birth of our beautiful son. I never could have imagined the true joy and love this little man has brought to our lives. I am so thankful for a wonderful fiance. Not only does he treat me with the utmost respect and love, I could not have asked for a better father for our son. Additional hightlights this year include getting to know my future in-laws better, I feel very fortunate for having such a wonderful and loving family-to-be. I also enjoyed spending time with great friends and the little boys club. Yes, I have a great life.

Oh, and Canada won in a shoot out!! So intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment