Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Biopsy #2

Mom had the needle biopsy done yesterday. Prior to the surgery my mom's doctor said that they would be putting her under, but unfortunately they did not. My mom said they tried to make it as comfortable as possible (including freezing), but she said it still hurt quite a bit. I would have been so freaked out if I was her. She showed me the size of the needle and they enter through your chest area so you would be able to see it all. Ugh.

She has to take it easy for a few days and the results should be ready Friday/Monday. The doctor that performed the biopsy did say that the tumor is so big that she really isn't breathing a whole lot with that lung. Boo.

My mom being the nosey lady that she is, swapped a look at her chart while she was recuperating. It said that so far the tumor is inconclusive for cancer and that there was no cancer detected in her lymph nodes that they biopsied. So that is good news.

I am glad that we are getting close to the final results and a plan of attack!! I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment